Who can join?
Professional educators, clinicians and support staff who are:
- involved in the delivery of health professional education and training through the application of simulation modalities in a range of contexts e.g:
- hospitals & other health care
- higher education
- vocational education & training
- interested in incorporating simulation into existing programs
- involved in the planning and development of simulation centres.
The VSA continues to be supported by the 'in-kind' and voluntary efforts of members, as well as sponsorship from Holmesglen, La Trobe University, Victoria University, the Centre for Health Innovation (the Alfred Hospital) and Laerdal, hence there has previously been no fees for membership of the VSA.
As the Alliance has developed and recently moved towards 'sustainability' as an Incorporated Association, modest membership fees have been introduced in March 2014, this will support ongoing operations, assist with the cost of providing resources and training for members. It is the intention of the VSA to keep fees as low as possible so as not to create a barrier for health professionals to join.
We have Individual and Corporate Membership available.